Fylde Angling Society is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. By proceeding to use our services you consent that we may process the personal data (including sensitive personal data) that we collect from you in accordance with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy. In particular, we may use information we hold about you for the purpose of operating Fylde Angling Society and delivering the services to our membership.
Fylde Angling Society (FAS) – Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Fylde Angling Society (FAS) is a privacy conscious organisation and is strongly committed to its member’s right to privacy.
How does the Data Protection Act affect the records kept by FAS?
The Data Protection Act 1998 states that those who record and process personal information must be open about how the information is used and must follow the eight principles of ‘good information handling’.
These principles state that data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed.
- Processed for limited purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Not kept for longer than is necessary.
- Processed in line with your rights.
- Not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
- By law, organizations have to keep to these principles. If you believe in any way that FAS is not processing your personal data in accordance with these principles, please contact the Club Secretary by emailing – email@example.com
How does FAS collect data?
FAS collects personal data through web based and paper based application forms, renewal forms, membership surveys and occasionally via email or telephone. All personally identifiable information provided to FAS is processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Is information passed to third parties?
FAS only discloses information to third parties if explicitly required to do so by UK law. FAS will obtain your consent before passing on any information to any third parties. FAS does not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to external parties for marketing purposes.
Who is allowed to see my information?
All records held by FAS will only be made visible to active FAS committee members with a need for that information.